Who to Call

The following information is to be used as a guide. You should make your own determination of which, if any, of the following offices is most appropriate to contact for your situation.

Anyone with a concern can notify the Threat Assessment Team by contacting the Virginia Tech Police Department at 540-382-4343.

If you have an emergency, call 911.

  • Refer to the Dean of Students Office Resources
    • Responding to disruptive or threatening behavior
    • Responding to disturbing writing
    • Identifying distressed students
  • Share a concern with the Dean of Students Office online through HokieSpa under Faculty Access
  • File a Student Conduct referral if the student violated a University Policy
  • Refer students to the Cook Counseling Center
  • Review tips on identifying potentially dangerous students
  • Talk to your department head or dean about the situation
  • Contact the Graduate Ombudsperson or call 540-231- 9573
  • Meet the Deans of the Graduate School or call 540-231-7581 for the Dean's Office
  • Find information about the Conflict Resolution Program
  • Resources for if you feel you have been harassed or discriminated against
  • Utilize Cook Counseling Resources
  • Contact the Cranwell International Center
  • Review Women’s Center Resources

The following are community resources, and the information shared with them will not be communicated with university officials.